Lawrenceville Brick has been making quality brick products in Brunswick County for more than 60 years and now it is moving into a new era. The company was incorporated in Brunswick County in 1946 as Brick and Tile Corporation of Lawrenceville. It was founded by three local businessmen who invited a small number of other investors in the area to join them in the new venture. The company announced in July that Redland Brick Company, a division of Ohio based Belden Brick Company, has acquired control of the manufacturing and sales.
Redland Brick Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Belden Holding and Acquisition Company, Inc. and is headquartered in Williamsport Maryland. Redland operates four brick manufacturing plants including Cushwa Brick and Rocky Ridge Brick in Maryland, Harmar Brick in Pennsylvania and KF Brick in Connecticut. Redland produces a wide range of products, featuring both molded and extruded styles. Parent company Belden Brick was organized in Canton, Ohio in 1885 by Henry S. Belden and four associates. The Belden Brick Company is the sixth largest brick manufacturer in the United States.