Experience how GREAT life can be in Brunswick!
- Short commutes without traffic jams
- Low cost of living and taxes
- Lake Gaston – recreational opportunities, public boat ramps, lakefront living, and Lake Gaston Resort
- Lake Phoenix (formerly Lake Rawlings) – a full-service diving destination, offering SCUBA diving, camping, instructional services in SCUBA Diving, First Aid/CPR/AED/Oxygen Administration, and other specialized services; rated one of the Top 50 Dive Sites in the US by a national diving publication.
- ArtBank of Southside Virginia – theatre, music and dance performances; art shows; and painting, poetry, music, storytelling, and dance lessons;
- Brunswick Museum in Lawrenceville – learn about county culture over the years
- James Solomon Russell – Saint Paul’s College Museum and Archives
- Annual Festivals – Taste of Brunswick Festival’s Stew Championship cook-off in the fall
- Rails to Trails biking route
- Canoeing down the historic Meherrin River
- The Tobacco Heritage Trail can be accessed in Brunswick County and is an important part of the outdoor recreation facilities that can be enjoyed. This network of long distance recreational non-motorized trails offers an attractive venue for exercise and enjoying nature. It is a multi-use trail that is ideal for biking, hiking, running and horseback riding. Click here for a map of the Lawrenceville section of the trail, or visit the Tobacco Heritage Trail website.
- Virginia Scenic Byway, Virginia Scenic River, Birding & Wildlife Trail, Wilson-Kautz Civil War Trail, Civil Rights in Education Trail
- Southside Virginia Community College
- Short commute to numerous other colleges and universities such as Longwood University, University of Richmond, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia State University
- Excellent healthcare system with some of the world’s best facilities little more than an hour drive; e.g. Medical College of Virginia Hospital/Virginia Commonwealth University Health System; Duke Medical Center
Lake Gaston offers beautiful views, water recreation, and lakeside living.
Along the Tobacco Heritage Trail
VCU Medical Center