Project Associate Director
Project Associate Director
Industrial Development Authority of Brunswick County, Virginia
Under the Executive Director supervision, the employee will undergo a six-month orientation period and will be evaluated at the end of the six- month term. Employee will be evaluated annually thereafter. Classification (FLSA): Exempt/Full-time Work Hours – Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Some overtime, holiday and evening work may be required.
The Industrial Development Authority of Brunswick County VA is looking for a Project Associate Director to lead the execution of the IDA strategic plans. We are looking for someone who is passionate about improving underserved communities through rural revitalization and has the skills and experience to make a difference. Experience is important, however, the person who is selected for this position must have a positive attitude when approaching challenges and embracing opportunities.
A Project Associate Director is responsible for scheduling meetings, recording decisions, maintaining project files as well as breaking projects into manageable tasks. They provide updates to the Executive Director and prepare presentations and reports. Monitor project progress, address issues, and coordinate quality controls. Acting as the point of contact for all project participants while tracking project performance. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential in this role. This position will have a supporting role in the revitalization of Brunswick County and to help grow an underserved rural community.
- Execute strategic plan: implement the IDA’s strategic plans and initiatives, aligning them with the overall IDA economic objectives. To drive business growth and competitive advantage for Brunswick County.
- Stakeholder Communication: Provide, relevant and accurate information for marketing. Census Data, economic measures, industry costs, Industrial Park standards etc.
- Prepare and provide reporting documentation to Executive Director
- Coordinate quality controls to ensure requirements deliverable
- Ensure on time grant reporting, deadlines, adherence to guidelines, schedules and preparing remittance requests.
- Work with stakeholders to complete market and competitive analysis of Brunswick County and identify appropriate businesses, missing assets and best use of current stock and site readiness, go-to-market strategies for retaining, expanding and securing new and existing business in Brunswick County. Identify target industries, define desired industries and business and develop strategies to reach and engage businesses effectively.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Evaluate Plans in relation to Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) Grading
Requirements and skills
- Strong desire to affect real change in the lives of Brunswick County Citizens
- Work experience as a Project Administrator, Project Coordinator or similar role
- Ability to use project management software
- Solid organization and time-management skills
- Working on constructions sights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PROFESSIONALISM AND CONFIDENTIALITY: • Understands and consistently implements all County policies and procedures • Maintains confidentiality with all vendors and employee transactions and activities • Shares knowledge and assists other staff with day to day activities to promote effective teamwork to accomplish the goals of the IDA
TRAINING AND JOB DEVELOPMENT: • Develops and sets own personal goals for acquiring new skills and job growth • Participates in conferences, workshops, webinars, and other opportunities to maintain current awareness of trends and for educational growth • Works with staff to discuss and resolve problems and provide ideas for improvement
ADA REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit at a desk and operate computer, calculator, typewriter, etc. for periods of up to three hours continuously, ability to read and write and to exchange information, ability to file papers, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, dexterity required to operate keypads, push buttons, and switches, ability to work independently in the absence of specific instruction and ability to meet the public courteously and effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: • 2 Year Degree or required, Planning Degree preferred • Two (2) to four (4) years of experience project management • Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint •Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Collaborative and supportive work environment.
401 K with employer match
Paid Holidays and Personal Time
Flexible Work Schedule
Annual Salary Range $42,500-56,000
Position is open until filled. Cover letter and resume may be mailed to Michael Dotti, Executive Director, Brunswick County Industrial Authority, 116 W. Hicks Street, Lawrenceville, VA or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Industrial Development Authority of Brunswick County is an Equal Opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Brunswick County IDA is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com Resumes submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all –inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director. The Industrial Development of Brunswick County, Virginia reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.