BRUNSWICK SBRAF APPLICATION
The County of Brunswick is now under contract with the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to administer the Brunswick County Small Business Recovery Assistance Fund (SBRAF). The County has been awarded $500,000 to help eligible businesses in Brunswick County, including the Towns of Alberta, Brodnax, and Lawrenceville to meet their long-term business goals by adjusting to COVID-19 demands.
The maximum benefit to any individual business is $10,000. This program will be operated on a reimbursement basis only. Below is a list of eligible expenses:
1. Retooling and technology activities (up to $5,000) will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis once the business submits documentation of expenditures via invoices and proof of payment.
- Space and technology upgrades to reopen and conduct business safely,
- Sanitization – including but not limited to cleaning service and/or supplies, and
- Job training, classes and/or technical assistance
- Rent/ Mortgage: (up to $10,000)(The $10,000 maximum benefit amount is contingent on no assistance sought for retooling and technology activities):
- Rent/Mortgage – Rent/Mortgage will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis once the business submits documentation of expenditures via mortgage statements, lease agreements and proof of payment dated no earlier than March 12, 2020 (Date of State of Emergency).
- All businesses will be eligible for rent/mortgage assistance from March 12, 2020 to the time of application, or up to 6 months in rent/mortgage relief.
- Taxes and insurance must be removed from the escrowed mortgage amount.
iii. Only commercial space can be reimbursed. Residential or non-business space must be subtracted from the payment amount.
For more information, please review the business application attached carefully.
Businesses interested in assistance can now go online and complete a formal application by going to https://www.southsidepdc.org/. On the homescreen, you can the application in three (3) places:
- In the rotating slides at the top of the home page.
- In The News section.
- Under the COVID-19menu at the top of the homescreen
A Word version of the application is attached as well. You can either use the Word version attached to help you prepare to submit the online application (preferable), or if you have any difficulties completing the application online, you may email/mail your application to Ann Taylor Wright, CTWconsultingVA@gmail.com or 200 S. Mecklenburg Ave South Hill, VA 23970.
When you start the application online, you will need to complete it fully once you start it. You will not be able to save the application and come back to it later. So, please have all the required attachments ready to upload once you start. Again, should you run into any issues with the online application, please feel free to use the Word version attached. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ann Taylor Wright