“The forest products industry has been an important part of Brunswick County’s heritage for generations. I have been in the timber and lumber business for over 40 years and am proud to have our company located here. It continues to be a wise decision both logistically and from a workforce perspective.”
– Owen M. Strickler, III, President of Virginia-Carolina Forest Products, Inc.
Virginia-Carolina Forest Products, Inc. is a family owned and operated lumber company in Lawrenceville that has established a tradition of producing the highest quality hardwood and pine lumber. With its convenient location only 25 miles from both I-85 and I-95 and 100 miles from the port of Norfolk, export shipments are an integral part of the business.
The Virginia-Carolina organization employs about 95 people within its 5 affiliated companies:
- Virginia-Carolina Forest Products, Inc.,
- Virginia-Carolina Timber, Inc.,
- VaCar Properties, Inc.,
- Virginia-Carolina Harvesting, Inc., and
- Virginia Land Company, Inc.